– ROL0 flux classification – rosin based, low activity no-clean tacky solder flux for professional/industrial use. Highly praised by advanced reworks community for mighty long-lasting action and easy cleaning – clear residue evaporates with hot air and doesn’t short components. Applicable for a syringe, stencil printing, rework, BGA sphere attachment and reballing using standard tin/lead alloys (won’t solder lead-free metals). Halide-free (<0.05%). Contains UV-tracer for fast detection of splatter.
– Optimal viscosity – 40-52 (Malcom @ 10 RPM/25°C (x103mPa/s)). High temperature compatible (up to 300°C/600°F). Surface insulation resistant. No copper mirror breakthrough. Low electrochemical migration (<1 decade drop).
– Activated residue is clear and non-corrosive – can be left on board for multiple SMT assemblies (manufacturer recommends cleaning all flux residues at all times to avoid board contamination or voltage leakage on circuits with high impedance, also non-activated residue may absorb moisture from the air and subsequently cause corrosion). Wide process window – excellent performance on Flip Chip bumping and Chip Scale Packaging sites.
– Syringes are intended for industrial dispensing machines and use a piston stopper instead of a plunger – do not remove the piston as it delivers the best seal to prevent contact with air. Dispensing Kit is a third party add-on, not supplied by AMTECH. A plunger is to push on the piston and not necessary snuggly fitting AMTECH syringe, a plunger can be loose. Dispensing tip gauge (size) will be within 14-23 Ga and may differ from pictured.
– Genuine product made in the USA by AMTECH MANUFACTURING. Every original shipment would include AMTECH Soldering Profiles card.
No-clean tacky flux that can be left on the board for many SMT assemblies. For applications requiring cleaning this can be cleaned using commercially available flux residue removers.
Storage and Handling
Tacky flux should be stored at room temperature (20-25°C). Syringes and cartridges should be stored vertically with dispensing tip pointing down. Properly stored tacky flux has a 12-month shelf life.
This product is designed for a professional audience. The information contained herein is based on technical data that we believe to be reliable and is intended for use by persons having relevant skills at their own risk. Consumers of AMTECH products should make their own tests to determine the suitability of each product for their particular process and take safety measures. Manufacturer/resellers assume no liability for results obtained or damages incurred through the application of the data presented.
Dispensing Kit (Plunger and Tip) is a separate purchase, not included with the flux!
For REACH compliant process consider modern AMTECH analogues.