– ROL0 flux classification – rosin based, low activity no-clean tacky solder flux for professional/industrial use. Highly praised by advanced reworks community for mighty long-lasting action and easy cleaning – clear residue evaporates with hot air and doesn’t short components. Applicable for a syringe, stencil printing, rework, BGA sphere attachment and reballing using standard tin/lead alloys (won’t solder lead-free metals). Halide-free (<0.05%). Contains UV-tracer for fast detection of splatter.
– Optimal viscosity – 40-52 (Malcom @ 10 RPM/25°C (x103mPa/s)). High temperature compatible (up to 300°C/600°F). Surface insulation resistant. No copper mirror breakthrough. Low electrochemical migration (<1 decade drop). May contain up to 7% w/w of ethoxylated 4-nonylphenol (NPE can be harmful to aquatic organisms – dispose of responsibly avoiding water drains).
– Activated residue is clear and non-corrosive – can be left on board for multiple SMT assemblies (manufacturer recommends cleaning all flux residues at all times to avoid board contamination or voltage leakage on circuits with high impedance, also non-activated residue may absorb moisture from the air and subsequently cause corrosion). Wide process window – excellent performance on Flip Chip bumping and Chip Scale Packaging sites.
– Syringes are intended for industrial dispensing machines and use a piston stopper instead of a plunger – do not remove the piston as it delivers the best seal to prevent contact with air. Dispensing Kit is a third party add-on, ordered separately, not supplied by AMTECH. A plunger is to push on the piston and not necessary snuggly fitting AMTECH syringe, a plunger can be loose. Dispensing tip gauge (size) is within 14-23 Ga.
– Genuine product made in the USA by Inventec Performance Chemicals. Distributed by AMTECH DIRECT – every original shipment will include AMTECH Soldering Profiles card.
No-clean tacky flux that can be left on the board for many SMT assemblies. For applications requiring cleaning NC-559-ASM-TF can be cleaned using commercially available flux residue removers such as INVENTEC Promoclean™ and Promosolv™ cleaning chemistries.
Storage and Handling
Tacky flux should be stored at room temperature (20-25 °C). Syringes and cartridges should be stored vertically with the dispensing tip down. Properly stored tacky flux has a 12-month shelf life. For optimal performance do not refrigerate or allow 2 hours to normalize.
This product is designed for a professional audience. The information contained herein is based on technical data that we believe to be reliable and is intended for use by persons having relevant skills at their own risk. Consumers of AMTECH products should make their own tests to determine the suitability of each product for their particular process and take safety measures. Manufacturer/resellers assume no liability for results obtained or damages incurred through the application of the data presented.
Dispensing Kit (Plunger and Tip)
AMTECH syringes are intended for industrial dispensing machines and use a piston stopper instead of a plunger – Dispensing Kit is a third party add-on, not supplied by AMTECH. Dispensing tip gauge (size) will be within 14-23 Ga and may differ from pictured. A plunger is to push on the piston and not necessary snuggly fitting AMTECH syringe, a plunger can be loose. Do not remove the piston as it delivers the best seal preventing contact with air.
For REACH compliant process consider a modern analogue with similar viscosity and “look and feel” – AMTECH VS-213A-TF, the most recent AMTECH no-clean universal rosin-based formulation for modern age of space travel, self-driving cars, artificial intelligence and virtual reality.
Storage and Handling
Tacky flux should be stored at room temperature (20-25°C). Syringes and cartridges should be stored vertically with dispensing tip pointing down. Properly stored tacky flux has a 12-month shelf life.